Claims Management and Forms
Our Claims Team
- Three full-time Claims professionals on staff with strong and varied technical skills and experience. We understand your business and the claims situations that you may face.
- Annual or semi-annual claims review meetings.
- Continuous monitoring of claims to ensure prompt and fair settlements, mitigate loss dollars and in turn help control your insurance costs.
- Identify loss trends and partner with your safety director and loss control to develop action plans for corrective action.
- Perform workers compensation stat-card reviews prior to NCCI’s promulgation to mitigate reserving impacts to your modification factor.
- On-line access to loss and claim reporting systems.
All claims should be reported to IA with the exception of Workers Compensation Claims. These can be reported directly to the Workers Compensation Carrier. Please see below for phone number.
This information will help us to report your claims in a timely and thorough manner, and within the statutory requirements. All claims should be faxed, emailed or called in as soon as possible. Please report all thefts to the police. If the police will not take a report, get the officer’s name and precinct, so we can show the company you made an attempt to file a report.
- Our phone number is 301-838-9400. Please ask for William (BJ) Westner Jr. CPCU. If he is not available please ask for another member of the Claims Department.
- Our fax number is 301-838-9095.
- The email address for reporting claims is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take a photo of the insurance card and driver’s license of everyone involved in the accident.
- Take photos of the damage to each vehicle involved in the accident as well as the accident scene.
- If you file a police report: Write down the report number, police officer’s info, and names/phone numbers of all witnesses.
- FOLLOW YOUR COMPANY PROCEDURES FOR CLAIMS REPORTING!
Hard copies of our Auto Accident Card are available upon request. Contact your Account Manager.
All employee work-related injuries must be reported directly to your workers compensation carrier via phone, fax or email. For your reference, click on the appropriate form below to report a work related injury. Please contact Insurance Associates at (301) 838-9400 to obtain the appropriate claim reporting phone number and/or email address for your workers compensation insurance carrier.
- MD Employer’s First Report of Injury | Fillable and Printable
- VA Employer’s First Report of Injury | Fillable and Printable
- DC Employer’s First Report of Injury | Fillable and Printable
- WV Employer’s First Report of Injury | Printable
For your record keeping purposes feel free to use the OSHA form below:
Liability & Construction Defects
- Property Damage or Bodily Injury to Others | Fillable | Printable
- Damage to Underground Equipment | Fillable | Printable
Property & Inland Marine (including Flood)
Click here to access safety & loss control industry links.
For more information, please contact:
William (BJ) Westner Jr. CPCU
Bill M. Evans AIC
Click here to visit our online glossary for a list of related terms.