Claims Management and Forms
Our Claims Team
- Three full-time Claims professionals on staff with strong and varied technical skills and experience. We understand your business and the claims situations that you may face.
- Annual or semi-annual claims review meetings.
- Continuous monitoring of claims to ensure prompt and fair settlements, mitigate loss dollars and in turn help control your insurance costs.
- Identify loss trends and partner with your safety director and loss control to develop action plans for corrective action.
- Perform workers compensation stat-card reviews prior to NCCI’s promulgation to mitigate reserving impacts to your modification factor.
- On-line access to loss and claim reporting systems.
All claims should be reported to IA, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC Company with the exception of Workers Compensation Claims. These can be reported to your workers compensation insurance company. Please see below for phone numbers.
This information will help us to report your claims in a timely and thorough manner, and within the statutory requirements. All claims should be faxed, emailed or called in as soon as possible. Please report all thefts to the police. If the police will not take a report, get the officer’s name and precinct, so we can show the company you made an attempt to file a report.
- Our phone number is 301-838-9400. Please ask for William (BJ) Westner Jr. CPCU. If he is not available please ask for another member of the Claims Department.
- Our fax number is 301-838-9095.
- The email address for reporting claims is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay calm, do not admit fault.
- Take photos of the insurance card and driver’s license for every involved vehicle in the accident. Write the information down if you are not able to take photos.
- Take multiple photos of the damage to each vehicle involved in the accident along with photos of the accident scene if possible.
- If a police report is filed, write down the police report number, the officer’s information, along with the names/numbers of any independent witnesses.
- FOLLOW YOUR COMPANY’S CLAIMS REPORTING PROCEDURES!
For your convenience, a printable auto accident card can be downloaded and printed here to put in each vehicle’s glove box along with the insurance card. Hard copies of the cards are available upon request including copies in Spanish. Please contact William (BJ) Westner Jr., CPCU for hard copies.
Hard copies of our Auto Accident Card are available upon request. Contact your Account Manager.
Please see the list of insurance companies below for reporting workers compensation claims. Contact Insurance Associates, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC Company with any questions.
|Selective||phone: 866-455-9969||fax: 877-352-6860||online reporting|
|Chesapeake Employers||phone: 888-410-1400||fax: 410-494-2209|
|Travelers||phone: 800-238-6225||fax: email@example.com|
|Hartford||phone: 800-553-1710||fax: 800-347-8197|
|CNA||phone: 877-262-2727||fax: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Builders Mutual||phone: email@example.com|
|Berkley||phone: 877-262-4178||fax: firstname.lastname@example.org|
If your insurance company is not listed or if you have any questions, please contact the Insurance Associates, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC Company Claims Department at 301-838-9400.
- MD Employer’s First Report of Injury | Fillable and Printable
- VA Employer’s First Report of Injury | Fillable and Printable
- DC Employer’s First Report of Injury | Fillable and Printable
- WV Employer’s First Report of Injury | Printable
For your record keeping purposes feel free to use the OSHA form below:
For OSHA Electronic Workplace Injury Reporting click here.
Liability & Construction Defects
- Property Damage or Bodily Injury to Others | Fillable | Printable
- Damage to Underground Equipment | Fillable | Printable
Property & Inland Marine (including Flood)
Click here to access safety & loss control industry links.
For more information, please contact:
William (BJ) Westner Jr. CPCU
Bill M. Evans AIC
Click here to visit our online glossary for a list of related terms.