Since 1956, Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates has specialized in providing responsive, creative solutions in the areas of commercial insurance, claims management, and risk control. Each of our clients has a dedicated Account Executive who is responsible for making sure that your needs are being met in each of these areas. Our business insurance agency does not focus on renewal dates; we work with our clients throughout the year to keep them informed on industry trends, changes, and issues. To us, the renewal date is no different than any other day of the year.
Trusted, Long-Term Relationships
Our extensive insurance & risk management experience allows us to tailor specific insurance programs to protect your business and personal assets.
Equally as important as the relationships with our customers are the relationships that Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates has with our insurance company partners. These relationships are based on trust and the confidence that they have in our insurance expertise. These special relationships with our carriers afford us added consideration to solve the tougher insurance issues that our clients face every day.
Commonly Requested Business Insurance Forms:
- Auto/Equipment Change Request Form | Fillable | Printable
- Builders Risk Request Form | Fillable | Printable
- Certificate Request Form | Fillable | Printable
- MD Sole Proprietor’s Status as a Covered Employee for WC Form | Printable
Insurance Services offered:
- Review all of our client’s contract specifications when requested, paying particular attention to both the insurance and indemnification provisions.
- Perform a complete detailed analysis of our client’s business exposures by using our proprietary Coverage Checklist.
- Offer seminars on a variety of topics at your facility.
- Provide rate schedules for estimating purposes.
- Review all Experience Modification Worksheets to verify their accuracy.
- Review subcontractor Certificates of Insurance verifying proper coverage, carrier financial strength ratings and accuracy.
- Perform pre-audits and test audits routinely so that there are no surprises in the audit process.
- We establish individual programs for our clients using the insurance carrier’s resources primarily. Your Account Manager is responsible for directing this process ensuring that your needs are met for both short-term and long-term objectives.
- We establish client-driven service plans that include training seminars, jobsite inspections, program review and OSHA representation. We review and update these service plans as part of the annual renewal process. We have the ability to use Computer-based training where applicable.
- Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates has, as part of its service team, three safety consulting firms that can provide a range of services and advice when additional expertise is needed.
We have markets that would consider and annual or per project specific for professional only, combined professional/pollution and stand alone pollution errors and omissions coverage.
Typically, professional errors and omissions coverage is on a claims made basis and pollution can be purchased on a claims made or occurrence policy form.
General or Specialty Contractor
If you are a general or specialty contractor and you answer “yes” to any of the following, then Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates can assist you in providing the required coverage to support your business practice.
· Does the firm render in-house design services with or without construction responsibility?
· Does the firm subcontract design services to other parties?
· Does the firm participate in a joint venture with an architect or engineer?
· Does the firm provide agency construction management services?
· Does the firm provide AT-Risk construction management services?
· Does the firm provide value engineering services?
· Does the firm ever revise architectural or engineering designs?
As an Artisan Contractor:
· Does the firm have responsibility for installation or construction services that could lead to a faulty workmanship claim?
· Does the firm recommend or install products when rendering construction services?
· Does the firm render in-house design services without a professional engineer on staff?
Captive Insurance Programs
- Greater control
- Upfront savings
- Potential for significant returns and earned investment income on claim funds
- Enhanced claims management
Our group Captive programs make it easy to join with minimum capitalization required, and easy to leave if you want to go back to the traditional insurance market. Coverages that can be included in our captive programs include:
- Workers Compensation
- General Liability
- Auto Liability & Physical Damage
A captive insurance company is typically most effective for companies with total premiums in the above lines in excess of $150,000. The captive program fits best for companies that consistently are among the leaders in their respective industries and market areas in terms of size, financial stability and claims. To determine if a captive program would be beneficial to your organization, or to learn more about our captive program contact our Captives Specialist, Ed Kushlis.
Lastly, I would include Pollution Coverage by asking:
Do you have an exposure with mold, silica or respirable dust, or asbestos?
Do you need coverage for US Government clean up?
Are you looking for transportation pollution coverage to and from a site or for non owned site disposal?
Do you need coverage for loading and unloading waste from an auto?
Do you need coverage for the generation ,transportation, storage or disposal of pollutants?
Do you need protection for site pollution incidents?
Are you looking for natural resource damage coverage?
Are you involved in the removal of underground storage tanks?
Do you need coverage for landfill services and closure?
Click here to visit our online glossary for a list of related terms.