Disclaimer and Privacy Statement
THE MATERIAL AND INFORMATION IN THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates, AND ITS SUBSIDIARY, Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates, (Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON ITS WEB PAGES, THIS WEBSITE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER FROM WHICH IT IS ACCESSED ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
In no event shall Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates be liable for any cost or damages (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use of, or the inability to use this website. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any opinions, advice, services or other information provided. All information contained on any page of this website is distributed with the understanding that Marsh & McLennan Agency, known locally as Insurance Associates is not rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or opinions on specific facts or matters and accordingly assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. Consult your own legal or tax advisor with respect to your personal situation.
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC (the “Company”) believes strongly in protecting the privacy of individuals who visit this website (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement explains what personal information we collect through this Site, how we use, share, and protect that personal information, and what your rights are with respect to your personal information that we gather through the Site.
This Privacy Statement applies solely to data collected via the Site, www.marshmma.com. It does not apply to information we may collect through other means, for example by phone or in the context of a direct client relationship, although such information may be covered by separate policies. This Privacy Statement also does not apply to the websites of our affiliates, who maintain individual privacy policies for their respective websites.
What Data Do We Collect?
The information we collect through the Site falls into two categories:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us on the Site.
- Information gathered via automated means as you navigate through the Site.
Information Voluntarily Provided by You:
In the course of using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may complete a submission on the “Contact” page with your name, e-mail address, telephone number, street address, and/or any other information you voluntarily enter in order to ask us a question or request information.
Information Collected by Automated Means:
You can refuse to accept and delete cookies by adjusting your browser setting. Please note that refusing or deleting cookies may impact your browsing experience on the Site, or prevent you from using some of its services, and it may result in the deletion of any preferences you have set. For more information on how to reject or delete cookies, you should consult with your browser’s or device’s help documentation or visit www.aboutcookies.org. The Company does not use technology that recognizes do-not-track signals from your browser. You can also opt out of Internet based advertising by installing a browser plugin from the third party where available. For more information about interest-based advertising, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
In addition, in the course of seeking network security and consistent service for all users, software programs may be employed to monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage our computers or the network, and monitor and fine-tune our network’s performance. These programs may detect additional information from your computer such as your IP address, addresses from network packets, and other technical information. Any such information is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of the Company’s networks and computer systems.
We may combine the information you provide us and information we automatically collected with information from public or third-party sources.
How Do We Use the Data We Collect?
We will use the information provided by you in order to respond to your inquiries on this Site. For example, we may send you electronic or written materials or, if you supply us with your telephone number, you may receive telephone contact from us in response to your request. We also use information collected on this Site to administer, improve, and personalize the Site, maintain network security and performance and protect against cyber-attacks, to market our services, and to comply with and enforce applicable laws, industry standards, and our own policies.
We work with our business partners to collect information about the use of the Site. Our business partners collect information such as how often users visit the Site and what pages users visited prior to visiting the site. We use this information to maintain and improve the site. We may partner with Google Analytics in these activities. For information about how Google uses the information, see Google’s Terms of Service and the Google Privacy Statement. You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We will not disclose, share, sell, or otherwise use your personal information without your consent, except to the extent required by law, in accordance with your instructions, or as identified in this Privacy Statement. We may share your personal information with:
- Affiliates: To enable them to provide services to you and to enable them to contact you regarding additional products and services that you have expressed an interest in.
- Agents and Service Providers: We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services for us or on our behalf, such as hosting this Site, sending e-mail messages, and making phone calls. They may have access to personal information, such as email addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are contractually restricted from using such personal information for purposes other than providing services for the Company or on our behalf.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either the Company itself or any of the Company’s assets were acquired (including through bankruptcy proceedings), your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Legal Matters: The Company may preserve, and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of this Site without your prior permission if the Company has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Company or its affiliates, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to claims of suspected or actual illegal activity; (e) respond to an audit or investigate a complaint or security threat; or (f) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental requests.
What Steps Do We Take to Protect Your Information?
This Site and all information that you submit through this Site is collected, stored, and processed in the United States within Company-controlled databases. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees of ours, and our affiliates, and to those service providers who need to use it to provide this Site and our products or services. We have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our systems, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary. How long is appropriate will depend on the type of data and the use to which it has been put. In general, we retain information for not less than seven (7) years to comply with local tax reporting and employment regulations and good business practice. Our legal department may direct that information be retained for a longer period of time in the event of a litigation hold or as deemed necessary to protect the interests of Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC or as otherwise required by law.
Some Other Matters
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC (MMA) may include, on an anonymous basis, information relating to its clients’ insurance programs in benchmarking, modeling and other analytics. MMA offers an array of analytics capabilities to clients, insurers and others. For clients, these offerings include benchmarking databases, analytics and modeling tools, surveys and other compilations of information, which are designed to help clients more effectively assess their risks, make more informed decisions and construct insurance programs and other risk mitigation strategies. MMA and/or its affiliates may in some instances receive compensation for its analytics offerings from clients, insurers and others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information:
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important. Inaccurate or incomplete information could impact our ability to deliver relevant services to you. Please let us know about any changes that may be required to your personal information using the contact information below.
For Company Career Candidates:
You can search for and review postings about job opportunities on our Careers page. However, to apply for a position, you must navigate to and sign into a separate global recruitment website that is not covered by this Privacy Statement. Upon logging into the global recruitment website, please review the privacy statement specific to that website.
Applicability of This Privacy Statement to International Users:
Binding Corporate Rules:
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC follows Marsh and McLennan Companies’ Binding Corporate Rules – or BCRs – which are a means of transferring personal data internationally within the Company group in compliance with applicable data protection legislation in the European Economic Area (EEA). They were formally approved by the Information Commissioner’s Office, the local Data Protection Authority in the United Kingdom, on October 6, 2017. Our BCRs consist of both the Controller and Processor Standards.
This Site it not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information of children under the age of thirteen (13) without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. In an instance where such information was collected, it would be purely accidental and unintentional.
Your Rights as a California Resident
Under California law, some California residents have specific rights regarding their personal information. These rights are subject to certain exceptions as described below. Further, if we have collected or processed your personal information in connection with a product or service we are providing to our Client that is a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or government agency, and you are an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of that entity, rights 1-3 below are not available to you until at least January 1, 2021.
When required, we will respond to most requests within 45 days, unless it is reasonably necessary for us to extend our response time.
1. Right to Disclosure of Information
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information regarding our practices with respect to personal information. If you submit a valid and verifiable request and we confirm your identity and/or authority to make the request, we will disclose to you any of the following at your direction:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the personal information types that each category of recipient purchased.
- If we disclosed your personal information to a third party for a business purpose, a list of the personal information types that each category of recipient received.
2. Right to Delete Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If you submit a valid and verifiable request and we can confirm your identity and/or authority to make the request, we will determine if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If none of the above retention conditions apply, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers to do the same.
3. Right to Opt out of Sales of Your Personal Information
As a California resident, you have the right to direct a business that sells your personal information to third parties not to sell your personal information. This right is referred to as “the right to opt-out.”
Because we do not sell your personal information, we do not provide any mechanism for you to exercise the right to opt out.
4. Right to Non-Discrimination
You may exercise your rights under the CCPA without discrimination. For example, unless the CCPA provides an exception, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may offer you financial incentives to provide us with personal information that is reasonably related to the information’s value. This could result in different prices, rates, or quality levels for our products or services. Any financial incentive we offer will be described in written terms that explain the material aspects of the financial incentive program. You must opt-in to any financial incentive program and may revoke your consent at any time by contacting us as indicated below.
5. Direct Marketing and Do Not Track Signals
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents may request and obtain a notice once a year about the personal information we shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing purposes. Such a notice will include a list of the categories of personal information that were shared (if any) and the names and addresses of all third parties with which the personal information was shared (if any). The notice will cover the preceding calendar year. To obtain such a notice, please contact us as described below. In addition, under this law you are entitled to be advised how we handle “Do Not Track” browser signals. Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not honor Do Not Track requests at this time.
Changes to Privacy Statement
The Privacy Statement is subject to change at any time. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will update the date it was last changed at the top of this page. Any changes we make to this Privacy Statement become effective immediately when we post the revised Privacy Statement on this Site. We recommend that you review this Privacy Statement regularly for changes.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about this Privacy Statement, or our privacy practices in general, they should be directed to the Company at:
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
360 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 930
White Plains, New York 10601
Effective: October 15, 2019
Our Commitment to Transparency and Compliance
MMA prides itself on being an industry leader including in the area of transparency and compensation disclosure. We believe you should understand how we are paid and also understand the services we are providing for the compensation we receive.
We are committed to compensation transparency and to disclosing to you information that will assist you in evaluating potential conflicts of interest. Download our Disclosure Statement.